Followers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quilt Gallary

I made this "lap quilt" a few months ago as a fund raiser for Cystic Fibrosis. It will be raffeled off in Paso Robles sometime in the future. It comes with 2 zippered throw pillow covers.


Our friends were getting married and I wanted to make them a quilt for thier bed. But Chehayla was schedualed for a hospital addmition so I didnt have the time I needed....

..I found this patteren an a magazine. Finished it just in time, droped it off on the way to the hospital, 3 days b4 the wedding. Although I do still want to put some more embelishments on the cake.



This has turned out to be one of my favorite patterns. Its a "kalidascope"...



..I made this one for a little girl who heard about Chehaylas story and started going door to door collecting donations for the foundation.




This was my entry for a yearly quilt challange. The theme was "Green Eggs & Spam". The quilts get displayed in a coffee shop downtown during October....

... I didnt figure out how to do this quilting detail till after the show was over. The oval pices were just glued on (shh-I dont think any one noticed). The trick was to use a button hole stich!...
..Now it hangs at my Nannys house.






I absolutly LOVE this quilt! The pattern called for paper piecing (which I just dont get-its on my bucket list), anyway I had to trace every piece and add 1/4 to all the edges then cut it out in fabric on the wrong side...very time consuming. But the best part is that it actually turned out! I made it for St. Judes Childrens Reseacch Hostipal.







I made this real quick for Aden when I was pregnant with Chehayla. I was working on the edge trying to get it finished as I was in labor. I was pretending that I was fine but really I was holding out for Shane to get home from work.






This was for my friend Curran's daughter when she was born. The back is supper fuzzy.








This is the "kalidascope" pattern again...

..this is the first one I made. Its a queen size. I made it for my dad for x-mas.







I made this for my cousin Paul. The fabric has golfers all over it.







This was also for St. Judes. 4 years ago I think.
There's more pictures somewhere. I'll have to find them. Right now it's time for antibiotics.






















3 comments:

  1. Brianne I love the quilt you made for St. Jude Hospital. What a great picture of the five of us. We had such a good time this year at the walk. You are doing a fantastic job and you are a very brave soul. Happy Birthday!!! Love, Nanny (aka) The Great GrandNanny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brianne-

    Curran is over & I was just showing him your blog, we saw the one you made for Isabel & he was like "That's mine!".We were saying of course you were super crafty with the quilts, they look awesome. We miss you! The kids are beautiful I can't believe how big Talon is! Ayden too! Hayla is beautiful!

    -Ap

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Curran said to Facebook him, 'cause he's cool like that ;)

    ReplyDelete